Windows Defender is a free antivirus program that comes pre-installed on Windows 10 to protect your computer from viruses, rootkits, spyware (spyware) attacks, and Other malicious code.
The restrictions of WD is that the program only protects at a basic level, not as specialized as other 3rd party software. Perhaps that is why users want to disable this program permanently to install third-party antivirus software, increasing the security and safety of the computer during use.
Please follow 2 ways to turn off Windows Defender on Windows 10 as bellow:
Solution 1: Using Group Policy
1. Press Windows + R key combination, then type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor window.
2. Choose Computer Configuration
3. Select Administrative Templates
4. Click Windows Components
5. Scroll down to the end of the right panel and double-click Windows Defender Antivirus
6. Double-click Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus
7. Choose Enabled, then click Apply and OK
8. Finally, close the Local Group Policy Editor window and then restart your computer to apply the changes.
Solution 2: Turn off window defender temporarily
1. Press Window button on your keyboard, select the search box on your taskbar.
2. Type Settings and Select Settings in the search results list.
3. Choose Update & Security
4. Select Windows Security from the left pane, then choose “Open Windows Security”
5. Click “Virus & Threat Protection settings” link.
6. Switch off the Real-Time Protection, Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission.
The above are 2 solutions to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10. I hope that this article will be useful to you.